We are still Scouting—join the fun!
In light of the novel coronavirus and prolonged physical distancing, Scouts Canada has taken several actions, in line with advice provided by provincial and federal government agencies, to modify how we do things:
- Spring registration is postponed until the fall.
- Current Scouts Canada membership will be extended until December 31, 2020.
- The new Scouting Year will begin in January 2021.
- All in-person Section programs across Canada are suspended until August 31, 2020 (including regular meetings, outdoor adventures, tours and camps).
- All Scouts Canada summer camps are cancelled.
- All in-person Scouts Canada activities are suspended until August 31, 2020.
- All Scouts Canada properties are closed until August 31, 2020, and associated events cancelled or postponed.
- All Scout Shops are closed until further notice.
- Scoutshop.ca remains available.
- All Scouts Canada offices are closed until further notice; employees are working remotely.
- All Scouting-related travel is cancelled until further notice.
However, Scouting is still going on. Scouters are keeping active and connected through Scouting at Home virtual programming. Want to learn more? We’ve put together this video to introduce you to the concept.
Many Groups are conducting virtual meetings. Visit our social media channels (@scoutscanada) to find out how the community is coming together and keeping engaged, and download our safety tips for best practices when meeting online.
And Scoutshop.ca is still open 24/7 to help provide any material you may need to continue your Scouting adventures. Don’t forget, adventure is everywhere—even in your backyard!
If you have questions, please address them with your Section Contact Scouter, Group Commissioner or Relationship Manager, as appropriate.
If you have questions related to a planned event or camp, please contact the organizing team lead of that event.